1) Sourcing Guide for Category Managers & Buyers - Learn how the retail category buyer is on the front lines of sustainable packaging decisions every day! Download this 36-page Sourcing Guide to learn how the FMI is helping the retail buyer make more sustainable buying decisions for everyday purchases of products and their packaging.
2) Packaging Brief for Category Managers - Access "9 Facts to Know" about sustainable packaging for retail buyers in this two-page Packaging Brief, compiled exclusively for category managers. Learn the basics about sustainable packaging and make better buying decisions when you learn how to assess the sustainability of a package.
3) Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) - LCA is growing throughout the world as a crucial regulatory, procurement, design and marketing tool. Learn the essential details of the LCA methodology, used for measuring the environmental trade-offs of a package design. This concise, 10-minute presentation by Laurel McEwen, who directs the world’s largest LCA training organization, will introduce key elements of the methodology that you need to consider when implementing LCA into your company.
4) Sustainability ROI (formerly Total Cost Assessment) - Create a simple ROI for complex sustainability investments. Learn how Sustainability ROI can help you evaluate and sell an investment decision by providing an NPV (net present value) that has monetized and weighted the social/economic and environmental trade-offs of importance to your stakeholders. Developed by industry for industry, this methodology incorporates all three pillars of sustainability. Taking off around the globe listen to Lise Laurin, the world's leading expert, present the core concepts of the methodology and the results of a biomass co-generation study in this 10-minute presentation.
5) Recycling in LCA - Laurel McEwen, Training and Marketing Manager of sustainability consultancy EarthShift, looks at four recycling models and assesses how they drive market behavior and move us toward sustainability.
6) Understand the Recent Changes to the FTC Green Guidelines - "FTC Green Guides 101 – What the revisions mean for your packaging claims" This 90-minute webinar from EPI will explain the proposed revisions to the FTC Green Guidelines, with an emphasis on the types of claims that are the most relevant to packaging suppliers and brand owners.