Info on PEF Plant PET Substitute
Saw an article about Coke and Danone looking at a bio based PET alternate resin PEF (PE Furanoate). What does anyone out there know about this resin?
- It looks like this still has oil based Polyethylene in it. How much oil based content does Teraphtalic acid component represent in the PET resin?
- Are we talking about a large percent or not much?
- It sounds like the PEF resin converters are using a large range of bio materials to get the Furanoate component. What % of this is Food related plant material?
- How recyclable is PEF? Can it be blended with PET? Is there a maximum blend %?
- How does PEF perform vs. PET - strength, barrier properties, clarity? Is it equal or better?
- Is anyone aware of any taste and odor issues since both companies above plan to use for water packaging?
Thanks for your comments